- 1980 – 1984 BFA, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- 1986 Tamarind Institute of Lithography, Albuquerque, USA
- 1987 – 1994 Master Printer, Limeworks Lithography Studio, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1991 Artist in Residence, Otago School of Art, Dunedin, New Zealand
- 1993 – 1996 Lecturer, Printmaking, School of Art, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- 1996 – 2009 Master Printer at PaperGraphica Printmaking Studio, Christchurch, New Zealand, studio specializing in the production of high quality lithographs, woodcuts and etchings in limited editions
- 2001 – Co director / curator of PaperGraphica Gallery, Christchurch, New Zealand (with Nigel Buxton)
- 2010 Artist in Residence, Tylee Cottage, Whanganui, New Zealand
- 2013 Attended the international conference Hercules: a hero for all ages Leeds University, UK
Marian Maguire is best known for her lithographs and etchings which combine imagery derived from ancient Greek vase painting with New Zealand colonial history: The Odyssey of Captain Cook (2005), The Labours of Heracles (2008), Titokowaru’s Dilemma (2011). Since 1985 she has exhibited prints, paintings and drawings in solo and group exhibitions throughout New Zealand and in Australia, China and UK. Her works are represented in major public collections in New Zealand, Australia, UK and in private collections around the world.
She lives in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact: email@example.com; www.marianmaguire.com